Light curing rapid prototyping system and laser selective sintering rapid prototyping system are two main processing methods. So what are the similarities and differences between the two rapid prototyping designs?
1. Similarities between the two rapid prototyping technologies
The principles of these two forming technologies are very similar. In addition, they are indispensable technologies for the production of hand-held die, and many methods are applied in industrial design.
2. Differences between two rapid prototyping technologies
3. The light curing rapid prototyping system uses a kind of liquid photosensitive resin in the selective material powder material laser sintering rapid prototyping system. The advantage of the shape light curing rapid prototyping system is that anyone can dissolve all powder materials, which can be used to manufacture prototypes or models, the products can be used as the first sample test, and the structure of assembly parts. So laser selective sintering method can be used in a wide range of materials, such as nylon materials, such as PC materials, such as other wax powder, and even some hardware materials.
Through the above methods, the accuracy of processed products is relatively different, but selective laser sintering, many materials, even some unpopular ceramic layers can be sintered, so the selective laser sintering process has a wide range of applicability, wide range of application industries, strong attraction, these characteristics can also cover up the shortcomings of its low accuracy, surface roughness, and low efficiency. Because most customers understand these attributes, they can refer to them in the process of selecting their own products.
The general process requires high precision and surface finish of the product, which is suitable for the rapid prototyping of light curing. If the requirement of coarseness is high and the price of the product is relatively low for the general large-scale product, the laser powder sintering of light curing molding is selected.
Advantages of SLA
1. UV curing is an earlier rapid prototyping manufacturing process with high maturity and time testability.
2. The prototype is directly made of CAD digital model, with fast processing speed and short production cycle, without cutting tools and dies.
3. It can process prototypes and dies with complex structure or difficult to be formed by traditional methods.
4. Make the CAD digital model intuitive and reduce the cost of error repair.
5. Provide samples for the experiment, verify and verify the computer simulation results.
6. It can be operated online and controlled remotely, which is convenient for production automation.
Defects of SLA
1. SLA system has high cost and high maintenance cost.
2. SLA system is a kind of complex liquid operation equipment, which needs a bad working environment.
3. Plastic parts are mostly resin, with limited strength, rigidity and heat resistance, which is not conducive to long-term preservation.
4. The pre-processing software and driver software have a large amount of calculation and high correlation with the processing effect.
5. The software system is complex and hard to use, and the file format is not familiar to most designers.
6. Stereoscopic curing technology is monopolized by one company.
The development trend and Prospect of second language acquisition
The development trend of solid curing is high speed, energy saving, environmental protection and miniaturization.